The Escapists 2
The Escapists 2 is the sequel to The Escapists and the third game in the The Escapists series. The game was developed by Team17 and Mouldy Toof Studios and was released on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on August 22nd, 2017. It was released on Nintendo Switch on January 11th, 2018 and on IOS and Android on February 5, 2019. The game has more detailed sprites and tiles, more ways to escape, more things to craft out of old toothbrushes and belly button fluff, a revised battle system, and more. It also provides multiplayer for up to four players. The game launched with 10 prisons and an additional called The Glorious Regime, which came free if you pre-ordered and became a paid DLC for those who didn't. Over time 5 more DLC prisons were added.
- Deeper character customization
- New prisons to escape
- A reworked combat system, including the ability to charge attacks for more damage, and to block - neutralizing melee attacks at the cost of Stamina
- Multiplayer (Co-op and Versus mode)
- New Items to craft and loot.
- Security Levels
- The statistics don't go down with time, nor do they degrade when you are placed in Solitary
- S.W.A.T Guards and Dogs, deployed based on security level
- Multiple floors in prisons
- Precinct 17 (Single-player tutorial map)
- Center Perks 2.0
- Cougar Creek Railroad
- Rattlesnake Springs
- K.A.P.O.W Camp
- H.M.S. Orca
- H.M.P Offshore
- Fort Tundra
- Air Force Con
- Area 17
- U.S.S. Anomaly
- The Glorious Regime (Free with Pre-order; now paid DLC)
- Wicked Ward (Halloween-themed DLC)
- Santa's Shakedown (Free Christmas-themed prison)
- Snow Way Out (Free Christmas-themed prison)
- Big Top Breakout (Circus-themed DLC)
- Dungeons And Duct Tape (Medieval-themed DLC)
Rated T for Suggestive Themes and Violence.
This is a simulation game in which players must navigate their time in prison in order to find a means of escape. From a top-down perspective, players control a small figure through various aspects of prison life: meals, showers, searches, and violent encounters with guards and other inmates. Players can craft weapons from items (e.g., shivs, stun guns, whips) and are able to use tools (e.g., crowbars, brooms, pickaxes) to engage in melee combat with other characters. Prisoners can pummel each other to gain standing, resulting in dizzy-star effects above fallen opponents. Characters sometimes make suggestive comments while inmates are showering (e.g., “That guard's perving on you”; “We're no strangers to love”; “Caught you looking…”; “Not now, got a headache.”).
The Escapists 2 received "generally favorable" and "mixed or average" reviews on Metacritic receiving a metascore of 75/100 on both PC & PS4, 77/100 on Xbox One, and 73/100 on Nintendo Switch.