The Escapists 2
The Escapists 2 is the sequel to The Escapists and the third game in the The Escapists series. The game was developed by Team17 and Mouldy Toof Studios and was released on PC, Xbox One, mobile phones, and PlayStation 4 on August 21st, 2017. It was released on Nintendo Switch on January 11th, 2018. The game has more detailed sprites and tiles, more ways to escape, more things to craft out of old toothbrushes and belly button fluff, a revised battle system, and more. The game launched with 10 prisons and an additional called The Glorious Regime, which came free if you pre-ordered. The Escapists 2 Is on Android/IOS. The Escapists 2 now has a mobile version for the iPhone. It has four player multiplayer.
- Deeper character customization
- More prisons to escape
- More things to do
- Multiplayer (Co-op and Versus mode)
- New Items to craft and loot.
- Security Levels
- The statistics don't go down with time
- S.W.A.T Guards and dogs
- Precinct 17 (Single-player tutorial map)
- Center Perks 2.0
- Cougar Creek Railroad
- Rattlesnake Springs
- K.A.P.O.W Camp
- H.M.S. Orca
- H.M.P Offshore
- Fort Tundra
- Air Force Con
- Area 17
- U.S.S. Anomaly
- The Glorious Regime (Free with Pre-order; now paid DLC)
- Wicked Ward (Halloween-themed DLC)
- Santa's Shakedown (Free Christmas-themed prison)
- Snow Way Out (Free Christmas-themed prison)
- Big Top Breakout (Circus-themed DLC)
- Dungeons And Duct Tape (Medieval-themed DLC)
Rated T for Suggestive Themes and Violence.
This is a simulation game in which players must navigate their time in prison in order to find a means of escape. From a top-down perspective, players control a small figure through various aspects of prison life: meals, showers, searches, and violent encounters with guards and other inmates. Players can craft weapons from items (e.g., shivs, stun guns, whips) and are able to use tools (e.g., crowbars, brooms, pickaxes) to engage in melee combat with other characters. Prisoners can pummel each other to gain standing, resulting in dizzy-star effects above fallen opponents. Characters sometimes make suggestive comments while inmates are showering (e.g., “That guard's perving on you”; “We're no strangers to love”; “Caught you looking…”; “Not now, got a headache.”).
The Escapists 2 received "generally favorable" and "mixed or average" reviews on Metacritic receiving a metascore of 75/100 on both PC & PS4, 77/100 on Xbox One, and 73/100 on Nintendo Switch. Whatoplay.com gives an aggregate score (playscore) of 8.12/10 on PC, 8.23/10 on PS4, and 7.88/10 on Xbox One. While it's Pocket Breakout edition on mobile receives a playscore of 8.45/10 on iOS and 8.22/10 on Android.
- Metascore for The Escapists 2 on PCMetacritic, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Metascore for The Escapists 2 on PS4Metacritic, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Metascore for The Escapists 2 on Xbox OneMetacritic, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Metascore for The Escapists 2 on SwitchMetacritic, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Playscore for The Escapists 2 on PCwhatoplay.com, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Playscore for The Escapists 2 on PS4whatoplay.com, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Playscore for The Escapists 2 on Xbox Onewhatoplay.com, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Playscore for The Escapists 2: Pocket Edition on iOSwhatoplay.com, Retrieved May 29, 2020
- Playscore for The Escapists 2: Pocket Edition on Androidwhatoplay.com, Retrieved May 29, 2020