Shankton State Pen
|Shankton State Pen|
|The first prison made in The Escapists.|
|“||Welcome to Shankton State Pen, your new home for the foreseeable future. Since I've been warden we've had a few daring escapists among us, but they were promptly scooped back up and punished. No one escapes on my watch, so don't get any ideas! If you forget any of the rules around here, the guards batons will only be too glad to remind you!||„|
|~ Warden Jim Sterling on Prison arrival|
Summary[edit | edit source]
Shankton State Pen is the third map present in the main game, preceded by Stalag Flucht and succeeded by Jungle Compound. It is labeled as "moderate", featuring an indoor prison built on a grassy plain. It holds 20 prisoners (yourself included) and has 10 officers. It houses 1 inmate per cell. The prison has contraband detectors at the dining room, the door that leads to outside, the gym, the kitchen (Note: will need to apply as job or steal Green Key to enter.) , the laundry room (also need to apply or green key) , Solitary Cells, the showers and the infirmary-These are the usual places people commonly encounter. Shankton also has it's own free time music, which has been used in a number of bonus prisons.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
|08:00 - 09:00||Morning Rollcall|
|09:00 - 10:00||Breakfast|
|10:00 - 13:00||Work Period|
|13:00 - 14:00||Mid-day Rollcall|
|14:00 - 16:00||Afternoon Free Time|
|16:00 - 17:00||Evening Meal|
|17:00 - 18:00||Exercise Period|
|18:00 - 19:00||Shower Block|
|19:00 - 22:00||Evening Free Time|
|22:00 - 23:00||Evening Rollcall|
|23:00 - 08:00||Lights out|
Jobs[edit | edit source]
- Janitor (default)
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Get your stats up at the gym+library to about 80 points each. The best armor is plated inmate outfit (inmate outfit + duct tape + sheet of metal) and the best weapon is a whip (razor blade + wire + timber) or Nunchucks (Timber x2 + Wire). These will make fighting a lot easier. Another option is to make a Cup of Molten Chocolate. Also, make sure you obtain 2 pieces of timber for a timber brace, as this is important for the last step.
- To get a key, you need to have a Wad of Putty (talcum powder + toothpaste) and Molten Plastic (lighter + plastic utensil or comb). Beat up a guard (out of sight of other guards or have other inmates do it). Take his key, and combine it with the putty to make a mold. IMPORTANT: return the key to the guard while he's still knocked out. (If this step is skipped, you will be thrown into solitary, and your inventory and desk cleaned.) Then use the molten plastic + mold to make a plastic key.
- Make a Sheet Rope to get down from the roof.
- Keep trying different guards until you get the Utility Key (Orange on PC and Cyan on Console/Mobile). Go into the tunnel behind your cell.
- You're now on the roof. To walk around outside, you need a Guard Outfit (inmate outfit + bleach = infirmary overalls , infirmary overalls + ink = guard outfit) or you can steal one from a knocked out guard.
- Make a Sturdy Shovel/Lightweight Shovel or get a Trowel (tool handle = file + timber, flimsy shovel = tool handle + duct tape + sheet metal, you can upgrade the shovel with more duct tape + sheet metal).
- Dig under the walls and you're free.
Shortened explanation[edit | edit source]
- Get your stats to 80 each
- Make a sturdy/lightweight shovel or get a trowel
- Get a plastic utility key
- Climb the ladder behind your cell up to the roof
- Once outside, use the bed sheet rope to get down from the roof, cut the fence and dig under the wall and you're FREE
How to Escape Without A Key[edit | edit source]
You will need a Sturdy Shovel, 1 or 2 Bars of Chocolate, Lightweight/Sturdy shovel, Guard Uniform, Cutting Floss or better cutting equipment, Fake Vent Cover, Fake Fence Cover, Bed Dummy and Rope Sheet for the escape. (not preparation.)
Go into the vents in your cell at night and put a Bed Dummy on the bed. Follow the vents the lead to above the laundry room. Put on the guard outfit on and go on the roof. Stay out of the spotlight and use the Rope Sheet to get to the ground. You can now get rid of the sheet rope. Walk to the left/east until you see the fence. Find the part where the outer fence is 1 block wide and is vertical. Use the Cutting Floss/Cutting Tool to cut the fence. Use the sturdy shovel to burrow under the outer wall and use the pickaxe to remove any rocks in your path. When you are past the wall, dig up and you have achieved freedom.
Another way of escaping this prison is to 1. get your intellect up to 80 2. Get spoons or any shovel 3. Go to The hidden area in the library 4. Keep digging straight 5. Dig out of your hole 6. Free to go out and rob more Banks
"The Long and Winding Road... that leads... to your- cell?"[edit | edit source]
This is the longest escape, but the most clandestine escape. Note that any prison escapes with this method can take 10-12 days, or longer.
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Grab as many plastic knives and plastic forks as possible. Come back for seconds. (I actually cleared out the entire spoon and fork row!).
- Buy/loot/steal/find duct tape and foil from an inmate. Craft 2-3 contraband pouches (3 would be more advisable. If you can, craft 3 durable contraband pouches, i.e. 4-6 contraband pouches)
- Get the Woodshop job by getting your intellect up to 70-80.
- Smuggle as much timber out of the woodshop as you can. You'll need a lot of timber for the escape. Expect to go through 1-2 pouches worth of timber.
- Get the Metalshop job by getting your intellect up to 70-80.
- Smuggle as much metal out of the metalshop as you can. You'll need a lot of metal for the escape as well. Expect to go through 1-2 pouches worth of metal.
- Find 6-7 rolls of duct tape.
- Clear EVERYTHING out of your desk. Drop the comb, soap, and anything else that came in your desk. Stash the metal, timber, and duct tape in your desk. If there's no space, stash it in a toilet.
- Craft a Sturdy Shovel and a Sturdy Pickaxe
- Using the forks, chip away at the wall until it breaks and reveals the Utility Corridor.
- Get the Kitchen job.
- Take as much cooked chicken out of the kitchen as you can.
- At Lights Out, put the Bed Dummy in the bed, go to the Utility Corridor, and dig straight east. COVER THE CELL BARS WITH BEDSHEETS!
- Take handfuls of plastic knives and drop them in the tunnel. Brace the tunnel with timber braces.
- Chip away at any rocks that block your path with a sturdy pickaxe.
- Dig until you reach a tunnel that is 18-blocks in length, using plastic knives and the shovel. If you can't attain the minimum length or if your sturdy shovel is almost broken, stop and collect more spoons the next day. Use the plastic knives first, and never use the shovel more than twice on a block per day. If your shovel drops below 4%, cease using it entirely.
- Once your 18- block limit is reached, dig straight up around the perimeter walls and escape.
A Cool Escape That Takes Long Preparation[edit | edit source]
Here are the items you need to escape:
- Grappling Hook
- Bed Sheet (1 or 2)
- Fake Utility Key
- Guard Outfit OR Infirmary Overalls
- Flimsy Cutters (Lightweight and Sturdy work too)
Now here's how you escape:
- Get 4-6 Plastic Forks.
- Get 3 Bed Sheets.
- Get a Poster or Fake Wall Block (Poster recommended)
- Put the Bed Sheets over your cell so the guards can't see you chipping (NOTE: If you name gets drawn in Rollcall, they will take down the sheets covering your cell)
- Chip into the Utility Shaft (The black area behind your cell, NOTE: Don't put ANY items near the orange door or else a guard will notice it and take the items in the shaft)
- Get a Tub of Talcum Powder and a Tube of Toothpaste.
- Get your Intelligence up to 70.
- Find the guard with the Orange Key (It's the second guard in the rename characters section before starting a game)
- Take him out either by a Cup of Molten Chocolate or high stats)
- Craft a Wad of Putty (Talcum Powder + Toothpaste)
- Take his key and his outfit, remember don't get caught doing it.
- Craft a Utility Key Mold.
- Get a Lighter and a Comb or Toothbrush.
- Craft Molten Plastic out of the two.
- Craft the Utility Key Mold and the Molten Plastic together to make a Fake Utility Key (70 Intelligence required)
- Get 2x Crowbar, Duct Tape, and a Length of Rope.
- Get your Intelligence up to 90.
- Combine the two Crowbars and the Duct Tape to make a Grapple Head.
- Then Combine the Grapple Head with the Length of Rope to make a Grappling Hook.
- Get two Files and a Roll of Duct Tape.
- Make Flimsy Cutters out of them (Upgrading it is optional)
- Get 2-4 Bed Sheets.
- Make 1-2 Sheet Ropes.
- Get 1 Bed Sheet and 2 Pillows.
- Make a Bed Dummy.
Now here's how you escape:
- At Lights Out, place the Bed Dummy on your bed and also have 3 Bed Sheets cover the cell bars.
- Go through the wall using the poster and put it back.
- Go up the ladder (should be on the right of the shaft)
- Go right again until you see another ladder.
- Go up it, you'll be on the roof.
- Head left from there avoiding the Spotlights (You will need to traverse several roof layers by using the Sheet Rope and Grappling Hook)
- You will find a grey thin line that leads to another area, cross it, but don't fall down!
- You will see a fence, cut it. Don't worry about using a Fake Fence to cover it. There's no need.
- Use the grappling hook one more time to go over the main wall of the prison
- Congratulations! You're free! Now for the next challenge...
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The best route to escape is the vents above the cell, as it leads to the rooftop, then the ground, then the way to the generator, and the way out to freedom, though there is a way to escape by the visitation booth, and digging it step by step.
- Another way to escape using the vents is going west, part of the roof from the vents, going on the pipe, grappling up, cutting a fence, walking on another pipe and grappling over the outer wall to freedom.
- A harder way to escape is to take out every single guard and the white lock at the south will be unlocked.
- There is a notable bug in where if you leave the janitor room and a guard spots you leaving it, you gain guard heat due to "being in another inmate's cell" despite not actually being in one. This may not be in the console versions.
- The front wall mesh surrounding the main gate can be penetrated. Get hold of several combs/plastic knifes, wait till 1 am and you're free!