Description[edit | edit source]
Riot Guards (also known as SWAT Guards) are The Escapists 2-exclusive variants of normal Guards that are much more combat-effective. Using Riot Armor and Metal Batons, they can easily knock out any ill-prepared Inmates that attack them.
When do they appear?[edit | edit source]
To attack them, you will need a way to reach the riot guards, as the control room is blocked by a red Key door. You can try the following:
- Get a Plastic Red Key and walk right in.
- In some prisons, such as H.M.P Offshore, a Camera is present near the control room. Just do something to alert the camera (such as fighting an inmate) and a riot guard may be called to check it.
- In some prisons, such as Center Perks 2.0, the riot guards may occasionally wander in front of the door, holding it open. Players without a corresponding key cannot enter locked doors even if another NPC appears to be opening them, but you can use a long-range weapon to hit the Riot Guard while they are standing on the other side.
- Damage the walls of their control room [verify]. Note: If a S.W.A.T guard doesn't appear the first time, do not do this again until the security level goes down. If you do it again the prison will go into lockdown.
- Putting a knocked Guard in front of the door will open it, and if you have enough heat the Riot Guards will come after you if they see you through the door.
Security Levels[edit | edit source]
Main article: Security Level
1 Star- Extra guards
2 Stars- Dogs are released
3 Stars- Extra guards
4 Stars- Extra dogs
5 Stars- Riot guards, all dogs, all guards and lockdown (unless it's VS mode)
Tips[edit | edit source]
You will need an open area ideally away from other guards.
Weapons are nearly essential, especially if you're not experienced in combat. A Makeshift Stungun will be an effective weapon (requires two shots). Armour, such as the Plated Inmate Outfit, is unnecessary but good for getting some advantage. It's very possible in an open area to defeat them with your fists but it is very difficult without high strength. A good strategy would be to bring a Makeshift Stungun and a strong conventional weapon, such as the Super Whip, Super Baseball Bat or Makeshift Sledgehammer. Hit each SWAT guard once with the Stun Gun, then finish them off with the other weapon. A stun gun hit is enough to bring a riot guard down to low health, low enough that a powerful conventional weapon will easily finish them. This is a good strategy if you want to save durability on your Stungun.