Plastic Keys are items in The Escapists which, like the Key, can be used to open a certain type door depending on the key type. The purpose of Plastic Keys is for the player to be able to obtain a key without being put in to Solitary from knocked out police missing the key you took.
Make sure to put the key back or quickly make the plastic equivalent of the key, because if a guard wakes up without his key, you will be sent to solitary, and make sure if you have full guard heat to be inside and away from other guards!
- A key loses 10% durability per use. Therefore it can only be used 10 times. On the Console and Mobile it loses 25% durability after each use.
- Doors automatically close behind you.
- You are unable to use the plastic key to create a new key mold.
- If you are going through a double door the key will only degrade once. (Twice on mobile)
- In mobile when you knock out a guard, and you have all the right stuff you can clone it automatically.