Multiplayer (The Escapists 2)
|This article is a stub. You can help The Escapists Wiki by .|
Multiplayer is one of the new game features that was introduced in The Escapists 2. The various multiplayer options include:
- Local (Offline)
- Online (Public or Friends-Only)
- Splitscreen (Offline)
Online Multiplayer (co-op) allows you to play with up to three friends online. But, some escapes can't be done in multiplayer like "My little Phoney" in Cougar Creek Railroad prison or "Meet The Crew" in Center Perks 2.0.
Split-screen Multiplayer allows you to play with your family by gathering on the couch and connecting a controller, or hooking it up to a console.
Versus Mode is a race to see who can escape the prison first in a one day race. No snipers, no routines or lockdowns, you probably shouldn't help each other out with escapes, unless this is your way, you can cut/chip/dig outside freely, and all store items are free. Will you win the race? Or will anyone escape? Find out by trying!
Tips for VS mode[edit | edit source]
- Center Perks 2.0: Meet The Crew is the fastest in single player mode, but the snipers have gone home for the holiday, so grab a free pair of cutters and an adrenaline shot and cut the fence to the south of the prison. Just don't do anything else then get your supplies and cut the fence!
- Cougar Creek Railroad: The items for the Pretend Carrot have a habit of appearing near the cell carriage. Knock out other players if they’ve been taken already. Don't worry about losing the carrot, as it is not contraband (It could get stolen by a player, though.)
- Rattlesnake Springs: Ask around the inmates to grab a Crowbar or Iron Bar. Once you have head to the middle of the south second floor and use it to knock down the wall next to the chair. They will double as a weapon to deal with any interfering Guards.
- K.A.P.O.W Camp: All four items for the Speed McQueen method can be “bought” from inmates. Lightweight Cutters will do the job, but you’ll need an energy source aside from the Can of Soda. Adrenaline Shot would be reasonable.
- H.M.S Orca: The Tubing can turn up in the medic desk near the cells. Check the area near the engine bay first, as there are three desks for the items to turn up in. And if you loose some important items, the contraband has an obvious trail...
- H.M.P Offshore: Get/Craft some Nunchucks, a few Makeshift Stunguns,or any Weapons and flatten guards until you get a Red Key. Don’t bother with making a copy, because you can make it to the helicopter without triggering Lockdown. However the Dogs will still try search for the key, and most likely to complete their search for the Red Key.
~If you get stuck making good items , than look at the Crafting page.~
Co-op Tips[edit | edit source]
To begin a splitscreen co-op game, open any game file in "Offline" mode. Press any button on a second connected controller and choose a character. Any money or progress made with this character will not be saved after closing the session. All items will be dropped in a "swag bag" after the guest player leaves the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Can You Truly Hide Keys From Dogs?No. Basically they will function the same like in the Normal Gameplay like if you hide in the desk or flushed in the toilet or given to Npcs or drop on the floor the dog will come to search and pick it up from where you do to it. But if you have a key on you, the dogs will run super speed to attack you.
It IS, however, possible to use a grappling hook to get onto the roof of a building (for instance, the area to the south of the shower room on Center Perks 2.0) and drop the key there. As long as there are no vents leading up there, then the key will be safe.