|The prison that is (almost) impossible to escape. BZZZZT!|
|“||Listen here maggot. You know why you're here so no point crying about it. Generally feared as the highest security prison ever, HMP Irongate is where you'll live out the rest of your meaningless existence. Escape you say? Don't make me laugh! The handful of idiots who tried met a watery demise trying to swim off the island. Still, chin up eh?||„|
|~ Warden on Prison Arrival|
HMP-Irongate is the sixth and last map present in the main game, preceded by San Pancho. It is based on Alcatraz, a famous prison from the 1950's.
It is the toughest prison to escape. This prison contains 15 inmates. This prison also features ten guards who patrol the tight corridors with a zero tolerance policy, and are equipped with insta-KO Stun Rod to keep the order. (Guards still use Baton in console/mobile versions) There is very little free time available, a camera in every cell and contraband detectors galore, so good luck getting into anything the warden doesn't like.
Even if you can get pass those obstacles, and the extra-tight security, the whole prison is surrounded by water, meaning you'll need a Makeshift Raft to get out for good. HMP irongate also has it's own free time music. This music will later be also used in Paris State Pen for free time music on the PC edition of the game.
- 1 Schedule
- 2 Exclusive Items
- 3 Crafting Recipes
- 4 Strategies / Ways to Escape
- 4.1 The Main Strategy
- 4.2 Alternate Escape
- 4.3 Prison Takeover (PC)
- 4.4 Prison Takeover (Mobile)
- 4.5 Escape (Xbox and Playstation)
- 4.6 Stealth
- 5 Bugs\Exploits
- 6 Trivia
Schedule[edit | edit source]
|11:00||Work / Leisure Period|
Exclusive Items[edit | edit source]
Crafting Items[edit | edit source]
Guard Items[edit | edit source]
Stun Rod (PC Only)
Crafting Recipes[edit | edit source]
|Sail||Timber + Bed Sheet||80|
|Raft Base||Balsa Wood + Balsa Wood + Length of Rope||80|
|Makeshift Raft||Raft Base + Sail + Length of Rope||80|
Strategies / Ways to Escape[edit | edit source]
The Main Strategy[edit | edit source]
Preparation[edit | edit source]
0. Get the mailman job, so cameras in cell ignore you even if you search desks! (Xbox one and mobile doesn't work)
- Get a [[Contraband Pouch| Contraband Pouch]] or a Durable Contraband Pouch so you can get red items from another inmate and bypass the metal detectors.
- Get a Screwdriver, Powered Screwdriver, or a Plastic Knife (slowest). Then, slowly get rid of the vent above your cell. Remember to block the camera with a Tube of Toothpaste, a Shaving Cream or a Roll of Duct Tape.
- You should receive a [[Vent Cover| Vent Cover]]. Cover the open vent with it.
- Collect 2 [[Paper Mache| Paper Mache]], then craft them together to a [[Fake Vent Cover| Fake Vent Cover]]. In your escape, you might need a few of these!
- Unscrew the vent again, then put the [[Fake Vent Cover| Fake Vent Cover]] to cover the hole.
- Craft a [[Cup of Molten Chocolate| Cup of Molten Chocolate]]. Obtain a [[Wad of Putty| Wad of Putty]], then a [[Molten Plastic| Molten Plastic]].
- Knock out the guard that has the [[Staff Key| Staff Key]], using the Cup of Molten Chocolate. Take his Guard Outfit, craft a Plastic Staff Key by crafting the real staff key and the Wad of Putty. Make sure to put the real key back on the guard or else you will be put in solitary!
- In your vent area, stash all of your red items. Every time you are free, go up to the vent then cut the slats to the East. Your pathway should be cleared of any slats, and you must have access to the ladder at the very East. Remember, before you do anything suspicious, block the camera.
- Every time your [[Fake Vent Cover| Fake Vent Cover]] breaks, load and resume the data to the last wake up - you don't want to be in Solitary.
- Craft a [[Grappling Hook| Grappling Hook]], [[Sturdy Cutters| Sturdy Cutters]], [[Bed Dummy| Bed Dummy]], [[Fake Fence| Fake Fence]] (Optional) and a [[Makeshift Raft| Makeshift Raft]].
The Escape[edit | edit source]
- Put the [[Bed Dummy| Bed Dummy]] into your bed. Then, block the camera and hop onto the vent. Collect everything you need; your inventory should look like this: [[Sturdy Cutters| Sturdy Cutters]], [[Fake Fence| Fake Fence]] (If obtained), [[Grappling Hook| Grappling Hook]], [[Makeshift Raft| Makeshift Raft]], Plastic Staff Key. Don't forget your contraband pouch as well! You will pass two detectors, otherwise the snipers will shoot at you because you get 99% guard heat!
- Put your [[Guard Outfit| Guard Outfit]] on. Now, make your way to that ladder. When the clock says 22:00, go up. If you go before 22:00, you will be sniped.
- You should be on the roof now. Go up until you see a pole. Hop onto the ground while you are on the pole while no guards are looking.
- Now, go to the right, and take the path down. After that, take the left, then go down when you see the red door.
- Go inside, then you are in the compound. Go to the roll call area, and at the roll call area, go down.
- Keep going down. You should find a little building with a ladder and a Prisoner Stash. Go up to the ladder, then cross the metal pole to the West. Slowly cut the fence. (If you have Fake Fence, put it after cutting the fence, just in case.) After breaking the fence, use your Grappling Hook on the South wall.
- You are almost done! Go East, and down a bit until you find a little dock. Use your [[Makeshift Raft| Makeshift Raft]] at the edge of the dock.
- Escape HMP-Irongate! Pat yourself on the back, Escapist! You earned it!
Alternate Escape[edit | edit source]
Preparation:[edit | edit source]
- Collect 2 Paper Maches, then craft them together to a Fake Vent Cover.
- Get a Screwdriver or a Powered Screwdriver. Then, slowly get rid of the vent above your cell. In your vent area, stash all of your Contraband. Remember to block the Camera with either a Tube of Toothpaste, Shaving Cream, or a Roll of Duct Tape!
- Put the Fake Vent Cover to cover the hole.
- Craft two Cup of Molten Chocolate. Obtain Wad of Putty, then Molten Plastic.
- Knock out a Guard with the Staff Key and a Guard with the Cell Key, using the Cup of Molten Chocolate. Take his outfit. Craft a Plastic Staff Key by crafting the real staff key and the Wad of Putty, making a Key Mold. Then combine the key mold with molten plastic. Make sure to put the real key back on the guard!
- Craft a Contraband pouch, Makeshift Raft, Multitool, Timber Brace, Guard outfit or Infirmary overalls, Bed dummy.
The Escape:[edit | edit source]
- At night, put your Bed Dummy on your bed.
- Put your guard outfit on.
- Take a Contraband Pouch, Makeshift Raft, Multitiool, Timber Brace and Staff keys and Cell key.
- Go out of your cell and walk down through the door with yellow lock. You can now leave your Cell Key.
- Go out with the door with red lock. You can now leave your Countraband Pouch.
- Use the door with red lock to cross the fence. You can now leave your Staff Key.
- Dig down the door with white lock to cross the wall.
- Go right, and down a bit until you find a little dock. Use your Makeshift Raft at the edge of the dock.
Prison Takeover (PC)[edit | edit source]
It is possible to do a prison takeover in HMP Irongate, but very very hard to do. Click here for a video of a prison takeover in HMP Irongate.
Preparation[edit | edit source]
- Get your intellect to 100. Don't worry about your speed and strength, or your weapon and outfit, because the guards stun rods will 1-hit KO (regardless of defense).
- (Best, but optional) Access the vent system with a fake vent cover, so no contraband will need to be kept in your desk. Also best to make sure to get multiple fake vent covers to prevent going to Solitary. Also be sure to block the camera before doing anything suspicious!
- Get as much Rolls of Duct Tape as possible. 10 would be perfect, as there are 10 guards in HMP-Irongate.
- Get the materials to craft many Cups of Molten chocolate. Also 10 would be perfect. Also remember that guards 1-Hit KO.
- You will still need to craft the Makeshift Raft to be able to escape.
- Your vent should have 10 Cups of Molten Chocolate & 10 Rolls of Duct Tape. The Raft is safe to be in your desk, as it is only one contraband. If your cell gets called for a shakedown, just remove it and wait! (You can also put it in the toilet as guards don't check toilets unless they are flooded.)
Takeover / The Escape:[edit | edit source]
- Fill your inventory with 3 cups of molten chocolate and 3 duct tapes. This can take out 3 guards.
- It is best to wait for a guard at the place where the cells and solitary are. When they come, defeat them, and tie them. After 3 guards, repeat the process.
- After you get the note that says "OK [Name], you've made your point!", steal the red key from the guards, and get your raft. Then take the back door. Don't worry about the metal detectors going off, as it will not matter.
- Find the open master door, then make your way east to the dock. Then use your raft.
- After you use your raft to escape, you've taken over HMP-Irongate like a legend!
Prison Takeover (Mobile)[edit | edit source]
On mobile, it is possible, but hard to do a prison takeover. It won't be as hard on mobile than PC, as the guards don't have stun rods.
1. Get your strength and speed to 100.
3. Wait until Mid - Day Roll Call and attack the 3 guards standing in front of the inmates. Tie them down with the Roll of Duct Tape they should have on them.
4. All the guards should wander over to the 3 tied up and attack you if your there aswell. Attack them and tie them up until you get the Warden message.
5. Find the guard with the red key and take it. You will have to be quick with this. Pick the guard that had the red key up and run out the door below the roll call area. Then run through the other door with the electric fence around it. Go through the White Lock Door (should be open by now) and run to the dock (go straight down and run right). Drop the guard and put the red key back.
6. Hold the Makeshift Raft and your free!
Escape (Xbox and Playstation)[edit | edit source]
You will need:[edit | edit source]
2 Fake Vent Covers
1 Guard Outfit
1 Makeshift Raft
1 Rope/Sheet Rope
1 Grappling Hook
1 Bed Dummy
3 Duct Tape
Method:[edit | edit source]
1. Get a Screwdriver and unscrew the vent above you. (Make sure to duct tape the camera first if there is one in your cell!) Place a fake vent cover there.
2. While in vents, go right and you will come to a blockage, use the screwdriver to remove it, you should now have access to the roof
3. Place all items listed above (except Bed Dummy and Duct Tapes, keep those in cell desk) in the vents.
4. When it goes lights out, get to the spot in your cell that is directly under the camera, (top middle).
5. Get Bed Dummy out of desk and place in bed then duct tape over the camera. Stand on your desk and enter the vents
6. Go to the ladder with the, Makeshift Raft, Sheet Rope, Grappling Hook and Guard Outfit. Go up the ladder
7. Now, being careful not to get caught by the searchlights, go down and to the left using the rope/sheet rope to cross the left wall.
8. Continue left and use the Grappling Hook to go up the next wall on the left of your screen, go down to the bottom of the building and look for a pipe that crosses the electric fence.
9. Cross that pipe without falling off, you should be on a small building with a pipe going to the left, cross the left pipe then use your grappling hook to go over to main wall.
10. You should be able to see water, go right and hug the edge of the Island until you see a small wooden jetty.
11. Hold the Makeshift Raft and just walk onto the jetty
12. Watch the cutscene and feel proud
Stealth[edit | edit source]
You will need:[edit | edit source]
1 Makeshift Raft
1 Contraband pouch
1 Guard outfit
1 Bed dummy
1 Grappling hook
1 Plastic red key
And Lightweight cutters or higher
Escape method:[edit | edit source]
- At evening roll call when the cell checks are announced go and place your bed dummy and take all your stuff.
- When lights out begins go outside your cell and put on your guard outfit.
- Go outside with the door near the roll call area.
- Keep going forward until you are past the electric fence
- Go right until you reach a area near a outer wall with boxes and a ladder
- Go inside with you key and climb up the ladder.
- Go across the roof pole to some fences where on the other side of the fences there is a prisoner stash.
- Chop through the fences.
- Use your grappiling hook to get over the Outer wall
- Go to the dock, use your raft.
- Escape HMP-Irongate.
Bugs\Exploits[edit | edit source]
On one reported occasion, the underground glitched and everything was placed a floor below, excluding any doors. While this was incredibly strange, it allowed the person to escape with about 8 spoons and a makeshift raft. Don't count on this though, as it has only been reported once.
If you get knocked out by a Stun Rod (meaning sudden KO) as the lights turn down the game glitches and will say you are in your cell. The prison will not go on lockdown, allowing you to farm statistics until Roll Call if you keep a close eye on your Guard Heat.
On mobile, you can walk through one of the vent walls, don't plan on using it to escape though, if you go out of the map your game will crash. You can easily get back in by going back through the wall you came out of.
You can also use the zipline right after getting shot on the roof to escape.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the mobile and console versions, HMP-Irongate was nerfed as the guards lacked stun rods and only half of the cells had cameras. San Pancho was not nerfed at all and both prisons are often fould to be equally hard.