Favors are missions you can do for other inmates to raise their opinion of you and earn cash (and items in The Escapist 2). Declining missions will cause that inmate to lower their opinion of you, causing them to raise store prices, snitch on you and attack you on occasion. This also includes accepting a job and later giving up on it.
- 1 Favor Types (TE 1)
- 2 Favours, TE2
- 2.1 This list is incomplete! Please help expand it as you research!
- 2.2 Overview
- 2.3 Universal Favours
- 2.3.1 Delivery Driver (3-part)
- 2.3.2 Beatdown
- 2.3.3 The Mule
- 2.3.4 Lost Property
- 2.3.5 Stolen Goods
- 2.3.6 The Chef
- 2.3.7 Beat the Bully
- 2.3.8 A Call for Arms (3-part)
- 2.3.9 P45
- 2.3.10 Location Location
- 2.3.11 The Conductor (3-part)
- 2.3.12 Crafty!
- 2.3.13 Ich Liebe Kunst (3-part)
- 2.3.14 Discredit (3-part)
- 2.3.15 Distraction
- 2.3.16 Sick Note
- 2.3.17 A Day at the Spa
- 2.3.18 The Wet Bandit
- 2.3.19 Fashion Victim
- 2.3.20 Waste Management
- 2.4 Unique Favours
- 3 Tips
- 4 Bugs
Favor Types (TE 1)
This favor involves knocking out a inmate or guard.
As your target will attempt to fight back, it is recommended that you train your strength and speed before you perform Beat-down favors, especially if your target is a guard, as guards hit much harder than most inmates since they use Batons (or Stun Rods). When carrying out a beating job, follow your target first and beat him up when he is in an isolated area, as Guards will attempt to knock you down if they see you attacking a target. The beat-downs involving a guard will reward you twice as much as inmate beat-downs.
The one-use Cup of Molten Chocolate can easily instant K.O. someone and complete any beat-down favors associated with the target. However, use this on guards since they are stronger and have weapons.
Text Displayed (PC Version)
- That punk inmate's been disrespecting me. Knock him about the place a bit and I'll pay you.
- I suspect the recent heat on me is coming from inmate. Give him a good hiding and I'll see you right.
- Guard thinks he has VIP access to my cell desk. Go lay him out for me and I'll pay you.
- My parole was rejected thanks to guard. I want him bruised.
- I think Guard likes me. Go break his face.
Beat up target for giver.
This favor is accomplished by targeting and hitting an inmate or guard during an assembly event, causing the guards to focus on chasing after you. Alternatively, you can take off your clothing briefly.
- I plan to teach someone a lesson during next routine. Get the guards attention so I can do my thing
- Finally found out who's been snitching on me to the warden! Distract the guards at next routine for me so I can reward him.
- If you can divert the guards attention next routine for me I can dish out some justice using this screwdriver!
Distraction at routine for giver.
This favor involves finding a specific item and bringing it back to the inmate that asked for it.
The item requested can be acquired from any source, whether you buy or steal it, but you must personally bring the item back to the inmate that asked for it and giving it to him through the "Give" tab.
Payment is received the moment you give the requested item to the inmate in question.
- I need a item, can you hook me up with one?
- Find me a item and I'll make it worth your while.
- Got a item? I have a buyer lined up!
Locate a item for giver.
This favor involves retrieving an item from a specific inmate or guard.
Inmates may have the item in their desk or on their person; if it is in their desk, you can simply raid it to retrieve the item, but if it is on their person, you will have to either knock him out personally or wait for him to be knocked out by a guard or another inmate, and then raid his body for the item.
As guards do not have living quarters, the item will always be on their person, so if your target is a guard, you will most likely have to knock him out personally, as other inmates are almost never capable of knocking out guards by themselves.
The item you will need to retrieve will flash repeatedly and will bear the owner's name in front of the item name. You do not need to personally bring it back to its owner; you just need to pick it up. Items retrieved in this way will not cause the guards to raise your heat and chase after you, which is what they will normally do if you steal an item from a knocked-out NPC.
Payment is received the moment you pick up the required item.
- That thieving rat inmate stole my item! I want it back ASAP!
- My lucky item has found its way into the pilfering palm of inmate. Get it back and I'll see you right.
- Guard saw fit to relieve me of my item. I'd appreciate it if you could get it back.
- I gave guard my item in good faith he'd watch my back. He failed to deliver so I want my payment back.
Get giver's item from target.
This list is incomplete! Please help expand it as you research!
Information on expanding the list:
State how many parts a favour has (if there is only one part, do not write anything for that), its name, what it rewards, and the requirements. If it's exclusive to a prison, state which. Doesn't need to include displayed text. If you don't know how much money a certain favour rewards, just write 'rewards money'.
Some favours in TE2 are multiple part favours. These have an indicator in the top right of the Favour screen showing number of parts completed / total number of parts. Multiple-part favours are given by the same person, and give you separate rewards for each part completed. Multi-part favours are completed one part at a time - each part is treated as its own favour. Some favours are also unique to certain prisons.
These favours show up across all prisons.
Delivery Driver (3-part)
Immediately places an item into your inventory, with request that you give it to another Inmate. With the favor active, just interact with the 'destination' inmate to complete.
Each part rewards 25 coins of money.
Requires you to beat up a certain inmate.
Spawns an item in a random inmate's desk. Requires you to go get the item, then deliver it to another inmate like in Delivery Driver.
Spawns an item in a random inmate's desk. Requires you to get the item and bring it back to the person who requested the favour.
Requires you to beat up an inmate, retrieve a certain item from them and bring the item to the inmate who requested it.
Spawns a random item (usually a food Consumable) in an inmate's desk. Requires you to retrieve the item and bring it to the one who requested.
Rewards 10 coins.
Beat the Bully
Spawns several items in random inmates' desks. These are always components in certain weapons. Requires you first to grab the items, then craft the weapon. It then requires you to beat up a certain inmate. While the favour's to-do text states you must beat up the inmate with the crafted weapon, this is not actually required. [verify]
Rewards 75 coins [verify].
A Call for Arms (3-part)
Spawns a weapon in a random inmate's desk. Requires you to retrieve the item and give it to the one who requested.
Rewards 25 coins each part.
Requires you to evict a certain inmate from their Job.
Rewards 100 coins.
Spawns an item in a guard desk. Requires you to retrieve the item and bring it to the requester.
Rewards 90 coins.
The Conductor (3-part)
Each part rewards 25 coins.
Spawns three component items in random inmates' desks. Requires you to retrieve the items, craft the item from the components and bring the item to the requester.
Ich Liebe Kunst (3-part)
Spawns an item in a random inmate's desk. This item is an 'art supply', such as a Sheet of Paper. Requires you to retrieve the item and bring it to the requester.
Each part rewards money.
The first two parts give you an item and require you to plant the item in a specified inmate's desk. This item is usually 'evidence' of damage, such as soil or a Vent Cover, but can also be a Dead Rat.
The last part requires you to beat up an inmate.
Each part rewards money.
Requires you to 'cause a distraction' at a certain Routine. This means to attack a guard during the routine. Do note that you may have to attack a guard in the routine area (such as inside the mess hall) for it to count.
Rewards 10 coins.
A Day at the Spa
Spawns the components to make a Manicure Kit in random inmates' desks. Requires you to retrieve the items, craft the Manicure Kit and deliver it to a certain guard.
The Wet Bandit
Requires you to flood a random inmate's toilet with any item of your choice.
Rewards 15 coins.
Rewards 10 coins.
Spawns a random item in the requester's desk. Requires you to retrieve and destroy (flush down a Toilet, eat it if it's consumable, etc.) that item.
Rewards 10 coins.
These favours are exclusive to certain prisons. List still incomplete.
Secret Santa (3-part)
A favour exclusive to Santa's Shakedown.
Part 1: Take the highlighted item and put it in an inmate's desk.
Part 2: Retrieve the components of a Makeshift Double Bass from desks, craft the Makeshift Double Bass, and deliver to a certain character.
Ghost of Christmas Past (3-part)
Each part requires you to obtain or craft a mostly Christmas-related item (Framed Photo is given for one part, Painted Wooden Soldier is likely crafted as another part, etc.) and place it in a desk in the warden's room.
Exclusive to Rattlesnake Springs.
Part 1: Beat up and bind a certain inmate. Rewards money.
Part 2: Beat up and bind another inmate. Rewards money.
Part 3: Beat up and bind a certain guard. Rewards a Super Whip.
Exclusive to K.A.P.O.W. Camp.
Each part requires you to either retrieve items from inmates' desks or beat them up to retrieve the items, then bring the item to the requester.
Rewards 25 money.
Sports Collectathon (3-part)
Exclusive to KAPOW Camp.
Rewards money. Last part rewards Sturdy Cutters [verify, the sturdy cutters may be a reward from Bygones instead.]
Exclusive to H.M.P Offshore.
Requires you to beat up a guard and retrieve a Seasickness Band from them, then bring it to the requester.
Exclusive to H.M.P. Offshore.
World's Worst Birthday (3-part)
Exclusive to Center Perks 2.0.
For the first part, deliver 3 given letters to random guards.
For the third part, flush the cake down a toilet.
Rewards 25 coins for the first two parts, and gifts you a Sturdy Pickaxe for the last part.
- Beat-up favours typically give a lower amount of cash than other favours, but are an easy way to make cash if you get your strength and speed up.
- In TE2, Delivery Driver is a fast way to make a sizeable profit. Performing all three parts of the favour from one inmate during Roll Call can earn you 75 coins almost effortlessly. This is a good tactic for quickly purchasing an item for a rapid escape, such as a Crowbar.
- Most items needed for give favours can be found in desks without too much trouble, (i.e paperclips, books, toilet paper, combs, etc), or made easily. This does not apply to TE2, as the items required automatically spawn.
- In The Escapists 2, Favors can be used to spawn items you need for escaping. Need a piece of string? Find someone with a quest to craft a Candle or any other item that uses the one you need. If you have trouble finding the right quest, note that choosing 'Maybe' instead of Accept or Decline causes them to change the item that they ask for, but not the favor type. I.E. if you find someone with the Crafty favor, but not the specific variant you need, just keep clicking maybe on them to cycle through all variants of Crafty. This seemingly works for all favor types, but not all favors tell you what you're collecting before you accept them.
*A bug that multiplies a favour you have when you complete another favour