Combat System (The Escapists 2)
The Escapists 2 totally reworked the mechanics of combat, introducing features like blocking, charging attacks and other changes for better fighting. The player can block by using Right Click (Default for Desktop) and it makes you take no damage, however, you move much slower. Every time you are hit while blocking, it takes a considerable amount of Stamina and thus you can't block forever. You can attack by Left Clicking (Default for Desktop) and you will attack only once and your active weapon will hurt others in its range (longer range weapons can hit farther and potentially hit more targets). Holding Left Click will charge your attack and deal extra damage. You can stop a charge by releasing the attack control, this will perform a respectively-charged attack. If you hold for long enough, your character will 'sprint' forward a distance, moving at high speed, and perform a full-charge attack automatically after the sprint. This means that it no longer matters if you have a higher strength and/or fitness to beat an enemy. With the right strategy, you can block and attack and not get hurt while damaging others! Also, you can use the middle mouse button (Desktop default control) to target the people you want to attack, making it easier to fight. Targeting can be toggled and switched between nearby targets. Targeting someone makes your character face that person constantly and hold their arms/weapon in a combat pose, allowing you to direct attacks toward the target even when moving in other directions. (Sprinting from a charged strike always moves you in the direction you are facing.) If you move too far from a targeted person, you unlock and return to normal position.
- 1 Strategies
- 2 Screenshots
- 3 Videos
Strategies[edit | edit source]
This section contains specific strategies for combat. Anyone can add them.
Be sure to give your strategy a name and difficulty based on the following criteria:
Easy:[edit | edit source]
- Has up to 4 steps
- Easy to pull off
- Understandable explanation
Medium:[edit | edit source]
- Has 5-8 steps
- Not too hard to pull off
- May not be easy to understand
Hard:[edit | edit source]
- Has 9-15 steps
- Pretty hard to pull off
- Hard to understand
Insane:[edit | edit source]
- Has 16+ steps
- Almost impossible
- Might have/rely on glitches that make it hard.
- Nearly impossible to understandably explain
There is also an "Effectiveness" note that shows whether the strategy is optimal against single or grouped targets.
Strategy 1: Charge and Run[edit | edit source]
This strategy is categorized as:
- Medium to Master
- Very Effective on one target, if speedily used step by Step. Can be used to take down a Riot Guard with low-tier weaponry.
- Target your Victim (this step is very important).
- Charge attack him/her.
- Run away after hitting target.
- Charge attack while running (still target them, you should auto chase them while charging)
- Dash Away again
- Repeat 4. and 5. until Victim is out-cold
This strategy can take some time.
Strategy 2: Hit and Run[edit | edit source]
- Easy to Master
- Effective against groups
- Run around and into a group and light attack enemies until they are out-cold
Also takes time.
Strategy 3: Hit n' Block:[edit | edit source]
- Medium to master
- This works only with one target
- Hit the enemies and block until the enemies charge attack, then before they complete an attack, attack them and block again.
- Block every attack and hit immediately after each impact.
This strategy is limited in Stamina usage, as blocking consumes large amounts of it.
Strategy 4: Victimized:[edit | edit source]
- Easy to normal
- Inmate only
- Should not be used for favors since you need to personally knock inmates out to get credit
- Doesn't reduce much opinion
- Hit an inmate then wait for him / her to follow you
- Go ahead of a guard and get hit (the guard will become angry at the inmate)
- Run around the guard so the inmate can get hit by the guard
Good for conserving energy.
Strategy 5: Silent Strike:[edit | edit source]
- Medium to Master
- One inmate or guard only
- The hardest part is to find a fight with the right circumstances to make this strategy work. It is recommended to seize the opportunity for this strategy whenever it appears.
- Don't waste time searching for fights in the prison complex.
- Find a preexisting fight with two people
- Wait until one person is dead
- Follow the other person into an area without any other people (recommended)
- Target the person
- Charge attack the person and they will be unconscious without having a chance to react.
Takes time, but can be effective for conserving stats as the target is already injured.
Strategy 6: Misdirection:[edit | edit source]
- Medium to Master
- Can range from one inmate or guard to a pack of inmate/guards
- Insanely effective for key checking
- Strategy can go on indefinitely
- Find a weapon with Long Range (Broom, mop or broom handle is recommended, easy to find and not contraband.)
- Find the person you want to attack (If key checking, do not interact with any guards, you're trying to hit as many as possible.)
- Hit the person to allow him to aggro on you (Inmates have a chance to not aggro, guards are guaranteed.)
- Find a hallway or space where you can kite him effectively (Movement speed is faster than theirs)
- Put distance between you and the target. (While running, hold the key in the other direction to stop, let go if at a comfortable distance.)
- While running away, perform a small attack. Turn immediately toward the target to strike. Alternatively, you could use targeting to lock on to the enemy, directing all attacks toward them.
- The moment your attack lands on him, start running away again to prevent him from damaging you.
- Rinse and repeat!
- (If there are guards down the hallway, run to them and block their first attack. After it lands, immediately run away and he will be chasing you, allowing your strategy to unfold in front of his eyes.)
This is a conservative strategy that prevents enemies from hitting you effectively.
Strategy 7: Raining Bullets:[edit | edit source]
- Easy to Master
- Targets inmates.
- Effective when pulled off correctly. However you need to have good dog relations to loot Contraband.
- Requires almost no risk. It is recommended to have an Infirmary Outfit or a Guard Outfit.
- Relies on a glitch, and will not work 100% of the time.
- Before Lights Out, attend Roll Call and go inside your cell.
- When the RETURN TO CELL bar appears, wait for a few seconds, then go to sleep. (Or just sleep right away.)
- If luck is on your side, then when you wake up, all the inmates should be paralyzed. They will be out of their bed, standing idly in their cell.
- Attend the morning Roll Call. Since the inmates are standing numbly, they won't be able to attend Roll Call, thus, increasing their heat to 100%.
- When the bell rings for the next period, the inmates will spring back to life and rush to their next routine area. However, their heat is extremely high. Guards will beat them up with their batons. Guard dogs will arrive, biting them. Tower Guards will make bullets rain all over the prisoners. Not long later, the inmates will be knocked out. (Only a player can set off Lockdown by missing roll call.)
- You can start looting the piles of bodies, however, beware of prying guard eyes and dog noses. Wear an Infirmary Outfit or a Guard Outfit to loot freely in sight of guards. If you can, try to establish good relationships with guard dogs so they let you loot contraband, this can be done if you have the Kennels job.
As it is glitch-based, it may not work, but can be used to quickly loot many people.
Strategy 8: Spawn Camp:[edit | edit source]
- Medium to Master
- One inmate/guard
- Recommended to get an Adrenaline Shot
- Requires persistence
- Find an inmate/guard near an Infirmary.
- Charge attack them, then continue fighting until you are out cold. Try to lure them closer to the Infirmary while you do this.
- Wait for the medic to come get you, then rest in bed to collect some stamina. You can also drink an Adrenaline Shot. Make sure the victim is still nearby.
- Rinse and repeat the attacks.
- When they are down to one hit, try to lure them away from the Infirmary so you have more time to loot.
- KO the target and loot them.
Takes time and may not work well against stronger targets, especially if your stats are low.
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Basic Weapons and Fighting Guide