Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|“|| Well I never! Of all the prisons in the world, you went and landed yourself in mine.
Now I really don't want to dampen your spirits seeing as you're the new guy around here, but the fact is you will NEVER leave this island. What is left of your pitiful existence will be spent with me and my boys here in The Rock.
Enjoy your stay, punk..
|~ The Warden on Prison arrival|
“Ok to escape you literally just get a red key and walk out the door then go to the dock.. that’s it”
Summary[edit | edit source]
Alcatraz is a DLC Map that was added to The Escapists on April 2nd, 2015. It costs $1.99.It is free on mobile as the mobile version has Alcatraz free due to the purchase of the app itself.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
|08:00 - 09:00||Morning Rollcall|
|09:00 - 10:00||Breakfast|
|10:00 - 13:00||Leisure \ Work Period|
|13:00 - 14:00||Afternoon Rollcall|
|14:00 - 16:00||Free Period|
|16:00 - 17:00||Evening Meal|
|17:00 - 18:00||Exercise Period|
|18:00 - 19:00||Shower Block|
|19:00 - 22:00||Evening Free Time|
|22:00 - 23:00||Evening Rollcall|
|23:00 - 08:00||Lights Out|
Jobs[edit | edit source]
Janitor (10 intellect) Default Job
Tailor (30 intellect)
Woodshop (50 intellect)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Alcatraz is a prison based on the real life prison, Alcatraz, which opened in the 1930s and closed in 1963.
- The prison in real life was considered inescapable, however, three men did escape and were never found. It is unknown if they died during the escape.
- Even though Alcatraz is the most high security prison in the world most versions can have you escape in 1-3 days easily
Strategies[edit | edit source]
(Note: You only need $250 on PC, on console and mobile you just need to get to the dock)
1. Get a purple key, a guard outfit, a lot of food (optional), a bed dummy, $250, 2 posters, and a sturdy pickaxe, and a way to get out of your cell (a cell key, through the fence, or through the walls). During Evening Rollcall, put the Bed Dummy in the bed and go back to Rollcall. When it is lights out go to the purple door and put on your guard outfit. Go through the door and go up to where the jobs are. (I would do this before the breakout!) Break through the wall and put up a poster. Then go down and break this wall. Now place up the poster and now you need to get to Officer Birdseye. Go around the prison and you will see a dock with a guard (Officer Birdseye). Give him the money and you escape!
2. (Note this isn't mine. This is the previous editor's.) You will need: 250$ and access to the outside of the prison during the night. This can be done by using keys or by chipping walls and covering them with posters. How to: Go to the prisoner boat with the $250. It is located in the north of the island.
II You will need: 1 staff key, 1 entrance key, 1 cell key, 1 guard outfit How to: During the night go into the visitation and guard barracks, and go down to the purple key door. Open it , go forward and you're done.
3. 2 day way.....Xbox edition I escaped in 2 days.... So can you! Get 5 forks. Get a poster. Get a contraband pouch. Get a guard outfit. Go to the janitor's closet.(south end of the prison) Go more south until you see a detector. Go through the detector. You'll see a red door. Chip beside it so you can get out! Put your poster. Put on your guard outfit. Walk out in broad daylight. Walk the edges of the island, find the dock. (In Xbox,there is no money needed) Walk to the end of the dock and escape!
4. There is a very fast escape made by thesuicidefox and something I accidentally discovered on my own. This allows you to escape very quickly (I got 71 in-game minutes/escape at 9:11). First, you're going to want to find a rake. Equip it, then find Guard #4 and knock him out. To do this, you have to hit and run, until you gain 11 health, and then hit him again, and run, and hit. Repeat this until he's knocked out. When you hit him the last time, you're going to want to make sure that you knock him out nearby the janitor's desk. Pick him up and run downwards past the janitor's room and carry him through the security scanner. Drop him on the ground. Afterwards, take his key (he should have the red one), pick him back up, and run through the door. Give him back his key and run right and follow the water until you reach a dock. Run to the end and escape! (This only works on Xbox One and mobile devices as far as I know.)
5.1-Day Escape (MOBILE/CONSOLE ONLY) - You must find 5 forks in the cutlery or in desks then go south of the prison where the metal detector is go past it and chip the wall next to the locked door get out place the wall back and go east then north to get to the dock. This escape is an improved easier version of #3 discovered by *ANON USER*